Let’s continue to keep everyone safe.
Although the vaccination program has greatly reduced the risk of COVID-19 for those who are fully vaccinated, there are still members of our community at risk. For this reason, some COVID protocols will remain in place to protect our clients and to maintain a safe work environment. In addition, vaccinations and regular rapid antigen testing are now required for all staff and any volunteers working with clients in person. Vaccination is also a requirement for in-person appointments.
Here are 6 things to know before you arrive at the office for an in-office appointment:
- If you have any symptoms of illness that vary from your usual health, we ask that you call the office to reschedule your appointment.
- Social distancing will continue, which means the number of people in the reception is limited. You may be asked to wait in the entrance hallway until space allows. Plexiglas barriers and floor signs will continue to be used.
- A check-in station where you will complete a form that confirms that you feel healthy will continue to be used. Should CVHS become aware that a COVID exposure has occurred, this information will be used to notify anyone that may have been in the CVHS office when the exposure occurred.
- Hand sanitizing is available for use and recommended. Pens will continue to be used once and then disinfected.
- Only fully vaccinated people can attend in-person counselling sessions or in-person meetings in the CVHS offices. If you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, we can provide phone counselling and/or phone-based one-to-one volunteer support.
- Masks will be required in our office and throughout your visit. If you don’t have one with you, one will be provided.