Are you looking for a rewarding career in a dynamic healthcare environment? Look no further than the Comox Valley Hospice Society [CVHS]
The Comox Valley Hospice Society (CVHS) is looking to replace our retiring Executive Director (ED). The ED reports to the Board of Directors (BOD), which delegates responsibility for following and implementing the organization’s mandate.
As a registered charity since 1983, the Society has a rich history of providing hospice palliative care in the Comox Valley in collaboration with local, regional, and provincial care partners. The ED will be expected to support a small but dedicated staff and a sizeable contingent of volunteers serving individuals and families who are experiencing the challenges of end-of-life care and bereavement. These services are provided within the home, hospital, care facilities, our community hospice, and the Society offices.
Skills and Abilities
• Proven success building community support public relations, advocacy, and fundraising including successful grant applications.
• Proven administrative skills including collaborative strategic planning, financial management, human resources, marketing, and risk management.
• Good working knowledge of web and digital media tools to enhance the Society’s presence in the community and online.
• Ability to function under pressure while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum requirement: a Bachelor’s Degree in health care or social services. Preference will be given to those holding a Master’s Degree in these fields.
• Health care background required. Preference will be given to those who also have hospice palliative care experience.
• Familiarity with current and future trends related to hospice and palliative care and the impact of a changing legal landscape.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience, and qualifications will be considered.
Other Relevant Information
• This is a part time position with a minimum of 30 hours (to a maximum of 35 hours) per week.
• Expected start date: Early Spring
• Remuneration package will be commensurate with experience.
• A valid BC Driver’s Licence is required.
• Appropriately, insured vehicle is also required.
• Required to provide a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
• Qualified candidates are invited to email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applications are to be received by Friday, March 6, 2020 at 12:00pm
The Comox Valley Hospice Society thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The following web pages will provide some information about our beautiful Comox Valley